Thursday, August 22, 2013

Catch me if you can :)

We have had a brilliant Summer and really enjoyed our trip to the states. The kids did amazingly well on the plane. On the way there Noah made it about 9.5 hours before he had a melt down and I think that is pretty commendable. 10 hours in a plane is a tall order for a 2 year old and I think he did very well. I am not rushing to book another flight on my own anytime soon...but it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. Birdy was an angel (didn't make a peep) and Esme was perfect bar a few whines here and there. A lady at the end of the flight told me my kids were a credit to me :)

I am not going to blog about our whole trip at the mo. I don't have the time or the energy. What I want to focus on are the relationships that were fostered, the relationships that were lost and the friendships that were made. You would think that 7 weeks would be long enough to squeeze just about everything in, but if I learned one thing this trip is that I will never have enough time. My weekends were fairly booked up with wedding related stuff (I was MOH in my childhood bestie's wedding) and when people work M-F that makes catching up a bit more difficult.

We got to spend a lot of time with my mom, my grandparents, my dad and a handful of friends. Esme got some cousin time with her cousin and new bestie Chloe. We didn't get to spend a lot of time with Grandpa Gordy (due to work schedule) and many friends and family members.

We got to spend a lot of time in my mom's new house- something I am incredibly proud of her for achieving.

Megan threw me a welcome home celebration downtown with some of my favorite people.

We took a lovely trip to Vegas to visit with my Great Grands Bajema.

I saw a dear old friend in Vegas.

I threw a bridal shower and a bachelorette party.

I watched my oldest friend marry a great guy and the father of her beautiful twin babies.

I went to Pride with my best friend (and his dad!) and some more of my best friends (and one of their babies!).

Esme built "blue car" with her Grandpa Gordy.

We spent time with my Dad and Gale who threw a BBQ for us with tons of friends and family.

We went berry picking with GG Mardine.

We went to Mount Rainier National Park for the first time.

We went to Kla-Ha-Ya days and Tour De Terrace with Grandma Julie and Papa.

Wren started rolling and sitting on her own.

I made new friends.

I reconnected with old friends (Joya, Tricia, Kendell).

I lost a friend.



It was a beautiful trip. Until next time, Seattle xxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment