Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Noah at 2

I look back on my pregnancy with Noah and wish I would have known then what I know now. That a baby, regardless of the gender, becomes a part of your being and takes a permanent place in your heart the instant they are born.



My love for Noah is one that completely blindsided me. I thought my love for a boy would be different, less even. But it isn't. It is true and beautiful and just as strong as my love for his sister(s). I think all mothers wonder how their love can possibly divide and make room for a second baby but, as soon as that second baby is born, we understand that love grows instead of dividing. That love makes room no matter what. That love, so intangible and sneaky, makes its own way and that there is little we can do about it. My love hasn't divided- it has exploded- and I couldn't be luckier.

I always joke that Noah is such a mama's boy because he had to prove to me just how wonderful little boys are. And he has. He has the most beautiful little spirit and is the sweetest boy. It doesn't hurt that he is completely gorgeous, to boot.



At two, Noah is a ball of energy. He is cheeky and spirited and doesn't like the word no. I have never known a child to look so defeated and wounded by one two letter word. He also likes to have a good tantrum now and again. Still, he is oh so sweet. He loves to give kisses and cuddles.

He know his colors and can count to 10- even a bit higher. He can sing the alphabet and speaks in sentences. He has a pretty great vocabulary and I think he speaks pretty clearly for his age. He has the strongest little accent and I love the way he says Mummy!

Ali, his babysitter, started getting him to go to the toilet on the potty once a day back in October/November. I think watching his big sister has made him keen to try to do it himself. I held off a bit because I knew the baby was coming and didn't want him to regress as a result. When we are at home he often has his nappy off and almost always makes it to the potty. He has had a few accidents but this is usually when he has trousers on without a nappy. We need to have a solid two days at home, as we did with Esme, so his confidence grows. I know he has great bladder control because he can go a little on demand and, would sit on his potty and go once a minute when it was a new novelty.

Today he did his first poo on his potty...and without any coaxing! I am confident that devoting two full days to training will result in a nappy free boy!



Noah loves:

Cornflakes
Toy Cars
His blanket.
Yo Gabba Gabba
Rio
The Gruffalo
Jumping
Running
Shoes
Tortilla Chips
Cars (Lightning McQueen)
His sisters
Apples, Grapes, Bananas and Oranges


Dislikes:

Water poured on his head
The word no
Sharing his cars
Being strapped in the buggy
Sitting still
Sitting in a high chair
Most meats


When the baby cries he shouts "OH NO! OH NO!" and runs over to help her. "Mummy baby crying OH NO!" It is sweet to see the love and concern he has for his baby sister. He is a natural big brother.





1 comment:

  1. love the love for your little man.. we all fear how the heck we can possible spread it to another person. but your right.. it just grows :)

    your such a great mama.. :)

    ReplyDelete